Another script, no longer in use, is the sarapin.
Note: The texts below are maintained as they were originally written. Asha'ille grammar has likely changed in some details since the older texts were written. The grammar description is the canonical reference, should any text here disagree with it.
Conlang relays are run every now and then. Like the children's game of telephone, the goal is more or less to see how contorted a story can become as it's translated from one language to another.
The "Relay" column in the table below designates the number of the relay, as well as distinguishes which group organized the relay:
- Relay list (a spinoff of the CONLANG-L list)
- Inverse relay (in which someone else writes in your conlang!)
- Language Creation Conference
- Zompist forum
- Conlanger forum
- McGuffey Primer Revised, Lessons 1–5
- McGuffey Primer Revised, Lessons 6–10
- McGuffey Primer Revised, Lessons 11–15
- McGuffey Primer Revised, Lessons 16–20
- Ne Arásh Illenim Seni, an original poem
- Afraid, a poem
- Fear litany, from Dune
- The One Ring, a translation of Tolkien's poem
- Elokuno, a poem translation exercise
- The Ecstasy of Creation, a poem translation exercise
- North Wind and the Sun, the first Asha'ille text translated
- Genesis 11:1–9, the story of Babel
- Gate of the Year, a translation exercise
- Random sentences
The "Date" column in the table below corresponds to when I wrote the text; sometimes I translated an old relay after it had officially completed. If the date has an asterisk following it, that means I was not a relay participant; I merely translated the relay text later.
|8||The Key to the Monastery||Ŝeraɬ||May 2003||complete|
|9||Thinking About Winter||mërèchi||spring 2004||complete|
|10/R||Beware of the Baby||Evíendadhail||summer 2004||complete|
|Z||a haiku||Proto-Drem||May 2004||complete|
|13||A Joke to Alleviate Your Winter Melancholy||Tatari Faran||Jan/Feb 2006||complete|
|Z2||The Seed: Parent of the World||Saonian||early 2006||complete|
|CBB||The Little Turtle and the Evil Rabbit||Cshevraki||early 2006||complete|
|LCC2||The Stone That Spoke||Greek Sans Flexions||summer 2007||complete|
|I1||The Nightwatcher||Kamakawi||August 2007||complete|
|LCC3||Into the Waves||Sabasasaj||early 2009||complete|
|I2||Seasonal Traveling||Kamakawi||July 2009||complete||-->|
Based on the revised editions of McGuffey's classic graded readers, you can practice your Asha'ille reading skills with these monolingual readers. While not available yet, I will also be making these texts into the interlinear format, for those of you who can't read straight Asha'ille just yet. ;)
For practice in Asha'ille, try translating the Review section from either language into the other. Since the actual translations are included at the bottom of the interlinearizations, you can self-correct your translations.